Blessings to you today! Please review our previous study on Salvation and the Holy Spirit. As believers, we are born of the water and the Holy Spirit. The Word of God washes us (the water) and becomes the bedrock of our lives. The Holy Spirit makes us alive spiritually and begins a transforming work in us. How did all of this happen? God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ (2 Cor. 5:21). Praise God!
Next, please click on the lesson - Life in the Spirit or Life in the Flesh - that is found here and also below the video. After reading the scriptures (and meditating on what you've learned), feel free to share (post) your thoughts in the comment section at the very bottom of this webpage. Also, consider responding kindly to the thoughts of others. Let's encourage one another in the faith!
[Lesson: Life in the Spirit or Life in the Flesh]
The following two videos - by Pastor John Piper - are exceptional if you are interested in learning more on the topic of life in the flesh and life in the Spirit:
- This video answers why we are not condemned though we occasionally sin.
Put Sin to Death
- This video shows us how to put sin to death and walk in life.
Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved, a worker [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed, accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth.
2 Tim. 2:15 AMP
Reach Out. If you struggle or need wisdom from God’s Word applied to your life, reach out now! Use the contact form on this page. Friend, you shall know the truth, and the truth will make you free!
Ever onward, ever forward~
Dr. Iris Barrett
"The Word is My Life" Training Ministry
You will find the Disqus comment section below. Please consider posting a comment. You can log in through Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, or Gmail if you have accounts with these. Otherwise, you can post as a "guest", and here's how:
- Post your comment, and then click in the "name" field, and other items will appear. Type in your name (or any name you choose), and your email address. Only the name you provide will appear - not the email address.
- Drop down and check the box beside “I’d rather post as a guest.” You don’t need to provide a password.
- Check “I am not a robot” and click on the arrow.
- Your comment is now awaiting moderation (review by me).
This is a secure (https) site - you can see this in your browser window. Look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!