This study answers two important questions:
1) How do believers obtain the promises of God, and what prevents believers from obtaining those promises? and
2) What is expected of believers on their life’s journey?
As children of God, we are being conformed into the image of Christ. Yes, Jesus is our example of how to live in this world. 1 John 4:17 says, “As He is, so are we in this world.” We have a challenge before us, though: Living in the natural world, we learn to depend upon people, places, and things. God's plan, on the other hand, is that we transition from dependency on the world’s ways and its thinking to God’s ways and His thinking. The whole point of the Israelite’s wilderness journey was to change their dependency from the world’s bondage (Egypt) to God’s will and way. Most of the children of Israel fell short.
As our hearts turn toward God, we have choices. From Study #1, the choice to receive salvation; from Study #2, the choice to walk in the Spirit (rather than in our flesh as carnal babes); from Study #3, the choice to be filled with the Holy Spirit; and from this Study #4, the choice to believe God wholeheartedly and shun unbelief. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths” (Prov. 3:5-6).
Please click on the lesson - The Spirit-led Life Journey! - found here and also below the video. After reading the lesson and scriptures (and meditating on what you've learned), feel free to share (post) your thoughts in the comment section at the bottom of this webpage. Also, consider responding kindly to the thoughts of others. Let's encourage one another in the faith!
The following article - Don't Resent God's Training Ground - by Kaitlin Miller appears on Pastor John Piper's Desiring God website.
Study and do your best to present yourself to God approved, a worker [tested by trial] who has no reason to be ashamed, accurately handling and skillfully teaching the word of truth.
2 Tim. 2:15 AMP
Reach Out. If you struggle or need wisdom from God’s Word applied to your life, reach out now! Use the contact form on this page. Friend, you shall know the truth, and the truth will make you free!
Ever onward, ever forward~
Dr. Iris Barrett
"The Word is My Life" Training Ministry
You will find the Disqus comment section below. Please consider posting a comment. You can log in through Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, or Gmail if you have accounts with these. Otherwise, you can post as a "guest", and here's how:
- Post your comment, and then click in the "name" field, and other items will appear. Type in your name (or any name you choose), and your email address. Only the name you provide will appear - not the email address.
- Drop down and check the box beside “I’d rather post as a guest.” You don’t need to provide a password.
- Check “I am not a robot” and click on the arrow.
- Your comment is now awaiting moderation (review by me). Thanks for posting!